MOST VALUABLE ASPECT OF VENUES
The most valuable aspect of a wedding venue are the ones that are all inclusive because you save money and time. Also, if the venue has indoor and outdoor accommodations that will give you a peace of mind with all the weather unknowns for your day! You want to make sure you have a perfect plan A and a perfect plan B. In addition, a venue that can not only host your reception but ceremony as well is a game changer!! This will help with addition costs like transportation fees.
IN HOUSE CATERING vs FREEDOM TO USE ANY CATERER
In house catering
- Pros: Saves ya money and time
- Cons: May not be able to make a customized menu
Freedom to use any caterer:
- Pros: Able to make a customized menu
- Cons: Most likely more expensive and will take up more of your time to find the right vendor
DO YOUR RESEARCH
The best way to find your wedding venue is through wedding wire and instagram!!!! Photos can be deceiving so please go and see the place in person!!
THE MOST BASIC Qs TO ASK YOUR VENUE
- What dates are available in the month I’m considering?
- What is the rental fee and what’s included in that price?
- How many hours does the rental fee include. Is there an overtime fee if I stay longer?
- How much is the deposit, when is it due, and is it refundable?
- What’s the payment plan for the entire bill? What forms of payment do you accept?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How many people can the location accommodate?
SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!!
You can save your money buy asking your venue if you can use some of their “in house” rentals such as tables, linens, chairs, plates, silverware and glassware. In addition, if you are torn between having hard liquor or just beer and wine due to cost, I have the BEST solution. Have the beer and wine portion and just add on a two couple’s drink option (“his and her drink” etc)
Other questions to ask your venue before booking:
- Is there additional cost to have the ceremony and reception at the venue?
- Are there changing areas for the couple and/or wedding party?
- Can we have our rehearsal dinner here? How much time is allocated for the rehearsal?Do you have an inventory of décor (lighting, candle holders, vases, etc.) we can borrow from?
- Can we use candles/confetti/sparklers/fireworks/animals/lawn games/bounce houses/food trucks/insert your own fun-but- potentially-dangerous liability here?
- Do you have signage or other aids to direct guests to my event?
- Can the venue accommodate a DJ or live band?
- Are there any noise restrictions?
Need help finding the right wedding venue for you?! Let me help!! – Charlotte Wedding Photographer, Stephanie Bailey